We already showed you UFC President Dana White discussing Spike TV and Bellator contracts at the UFC on FX 5 post-fight media scrum, now listen in as White talks about Jeremy Stephens’ arrest in detail, Dennis Hallman’s release, responds to questions about recent lower than normal event attendance numbers and much more.
Notes from the scrum:
- White said he could have gotten Charlie Manson out on bail for what they wanted to charge him to get Stephens out.
- Stephens said he absolutely did not know he had a warrant. White says he believes him.
- White said he doesn’t think Dennis Hallman will be back. White said Hallman has a lot of personal problems and he felt so bad for him he gave him his show and win money even though he missed weight and did not fight.
- Thiago Tavares and Yves Edwards got paid even though they didn’t fight.
- White said Hallman was in no shape mentally, physically or emotionally to fight.
- White said things couldn’t be better with FOX and the way things are going, it’s a 6-year deal and “no one is panicking” about low ratings or anything like that.
2 thoughts on “Dana White UFC on FX 5 post-fight scrum: Jeremy Stephens, Dennis Hallman, attendance numbers”
[…] sure to check out part 2 of the media scrum to hear White discuss Jeremy Stephens’ arrest in detail, Dennis Hallman’s release and […]
[…] UFC President Dana White discussed the issue with ProMMAnow.com and a small group of reporters following the post-fight press conference, but would only say that Hallman was having some severe personal issues and that they had paid him his show and win money even though he did not fight. […]