Metamoris 3 is going down today in Los Angeles and features the highly anticipated rematch between Royler Gracie and Eddie Bravo. It’s all BJJ, submissions only, 20 minute time limit, no rounds, no points.
There are six matches in all between some of the world’s top submission artists and the action kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT – local time). We will have the live results as they happen. Refresh for updates. Or you can pay $20 and order it yourself at www.metamoris.com.
Update: Vinny Magalhaes had to withdraw due to staph infection. Kevin Casey will fill in against Keenan Cornelius on just 30 minutes notice.
Metamoris 3 match results:
- Match 1 (Gi): Sean Roberts (Ralph Gracie JJ/Ralph Gracie) vs. Zak Maxwell (Gracie Humaita/Regis Libre) — RESULT: Draw
- Match 2 (Gi): Gui Mendes (Atos Jiu Jitsu/Ramon Lemos) submits Samir Chantre (Caio Terra Assoc./Alan Moraes) by Baseball Choke
- Match 3 (No Gi): Dean Lister (Victory MMA/Jeffrey Higgs) vs. Renato “Babalu” Sobral (Babalu’s Iron Gym/Carlos Gracie Jr.) — RESULT: Draw
- Match 4 (No Gi): Keenan Cornelius (Atos Jiu Jitsu/Andre Galvao) submits Kevin Casey (Rickson Gracie JJ/Rickson Gracie) by heel hook
- Match 5 (Gi): Rafael Mendes (Atos Jiu Jitsu/Ramon Lemos) vs. Clark Gracie (Carley Gracie Team/Carley Gracie) — RESULT: Draw
- Match 6 (No Gi): Eddie Bravo (10th Planet/Jean Jaques Machado) vs. Royler Gracie (Gracie Humaita/Helio Gracie) — RESULT: Draw
Thoughts: The Eddie Bravo vs. Royler Gracie bout was worth every penny. I wish there was no time limit in that match so it could play out. Eddie had Royler in some serious trouble a few times (Electric Chair/Vaporizer) and when the buzzer sounded at the 20-minute mark he had Royler in a seriously compromised position and had been cranking on a foot lock for a number of minutes. Royler was not going to tap though and I’m sure he was probably in pain from Eddie’s submission attempts more than once in this bout. It was a back and forth match though with plenty of sweeps from both competitors. If it were a points match, Bravo would have taken it.
Eddie said after the fight: “No one survives The Vaporizer. He wouldn’t tap. I tried but he would not tap.”
Royler said after the fight: “I’m 48-years-old. … I do this because I love it. Eddie, if it’s not you, I’m not going to be here today. I don’t like to tap. He created a very good opportunity, I’m not going to lie to you guys. I did better than our last fight.”