DENVER — Invicta Fighting Championships returns to ReelWorks Denver this snowy Colorado evening for Invicta FC 51: Tennant vs. Bernardo. The event is headlined with a bantamweight championship showdown as 135-pound champion Taneisha “Triple Threat” Tennant (5-1) puts her belt on the line against UFC veteran Talita Bernardo (9-4).
Tennant remains unbeaten under the Invicta banner and even won three fights in a one-night tournament held by the promotion back in March 2020. Bernardo earned her shot at the title after back-to-back submission wins inside the Invicta cage last year.
Invicta FC 51’s co-main event features Kristina “Warhorse” Williams (6-3) taking on Ketlen “Esquentadinha” Souza (12-3) for the promotion’s vacant flyweight title. Williams is a Bellator veteran who found success in her two previous Invicta appearances. Souza won her promotional debut last September.
INVICTA FC 51 full results:
- Bantamweight Title: Talita Bernardo def. Taneisha Tennant via unanimous decision (48-46 x 3)
- Flyweight Title: Ketlen Souza def. Kristina Williams via unanimous decision (50-35, 49-46, 48-47)
- Bantamweight: Olga Rubin def. Serena DeJesus via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Bantamweight: Claire Guthrie def. Auttumn Norton via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Atomweight: Elisandra Ferreira def. Marisa Messer-Belenchia via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Atomweight: Rayanne dos Santos def. Katie Saull via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Strawweight: Fatima Kline def. Laura Gallardo via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
Strawweight: Tanya Nijjar (118.1)# vs. Sayury Cañon (113.1)
* – DeJesus missed the bantamweight limit of 136 pounds and was fined 25 percent of her fight purse
# – Nijjar missed the strawweight limit of 116 pounds and the fight with Cañon was removed from the event