Team Sonnen Continues to Dominate, Taking 4-2 Lead
Series continues next Tuesday on FX at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Las Vegas, Nevada – The Ultimate Fighter® returned to FX on Tuesday night with the seventh episode of the season – “His Fist on My Face”. Decorated grappler Jimmy Quinlan, from Methuen, Mass., overcame Marietta, Ga, Clint Hester’s power to claim a second round submission win.
Undefeated in mixed martial arts, Quinlan, 3-0, secured the win by rear naked choke at 1:45 of the second round, successfully unseating Team Jones’ No. 1 pick in the process. With the win, Team Sonnen moves ahead 4-2 in the preliminary round fights.
A full recap is available at ufc.com.
Results after episode seven:
Team Sonnen – coached by UFC® light heavyweight Chael Sonnen – (4-2)
- Luke Barnatt (1-0, TKO win over Gilbert Smith in episode 2)
- Uriah Hall (1-0, KOd Adam Cella in episode 3)
- Zak Cummings
- Tor Troeng (0-1, lost to Josh Samman via KO in episode 6)
- Jimmy Quinlan (1-0, submitted Clint Hester in episode 7)
- Kevin Casey (0-1, lost a UD to Collin Hart in episode 4)
- Kelvin Gastelum (1-0, submitted Bubba McDaniel in episode 5)
Team Jones – coached by UFC® light heavyweight champion Jon Jones – (2-4)
- Clint Hester (0-1, submitted by Jimmy Quinlan in episode 7)
- Josh Samman (1-0, defeated Tor Troeng by KO in episode 6)
- Bubba McDaniel (0-1, submitted by Kelvin Gastelum in episode 5)
- Gilbert Smith (0-1, TKOd by Luke Barnatt in episode 2)
- Collin Hart (1-0, defeated Kevin Casey by UD in episode 4)
- Adam Cella (0-1, KOd by Uriah Hall in episode 3)
- Dylan Andrews
In the final preliminary fight of the season, Team Sonnen’s Zak Cummings faces off against Team Jones’ Dylan Andrews.
The series resumes next Tuesday, March 12, on FX at 9 p.m. ET/PT (check local listings for Central and Mountain Time). In that episode – “Bag of Tools” – Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen face off in the most unique, and difficult, Coaches Challenge ever. After Cummings and Andrews face off in the last preliminary fight, Dana forces the coaches to decide on the Wildcard matchup.