“UFC Fight Night 67 takes place this Saturday, May 30, at Goiânia Arena in Goiânia, Brazil, and is headlined with a welterweight match-up between Jackson/Winkeljohn’s Carlos Condit and American Top Team’s Thiago Alves.
Due to a knee injury he sustained in March 2014 in his fight with Tyron Woodley, number four ranked welterweight Carlos Condit (29-8) has been on the shelf for over a year. “The Natural Born Killer” has only won one of his last four fights, a TKO over Martin Kampmann in Aug. 2013. His recent losses were to Woodley (TKO due to knee injury), and before that, Johny Hendricks and Georges St-Pierre — both losses via decision.
Since returning to the Octagon last year after a two-year hiatus due to injuries, Alves (21-9) has reeled off two straight victories. He scored a unanimous decision over Seth Baczynski in April 2014 in his first fight back, then scored a second round TKO win over Jordan Mein in January of this year. Alves took home performance bonuses in both those fights.
Both guys have stopping power with Condit only winning two of his 29 victories via decision — that’s incredibly impressive. Even more impressive is the fact that 14 of Condit’s wins have come via T/KO, while 13 have been via submission. That’s a super well-rounded fighter.
Alves is much more of a straight striker, having won 12 of his 21 victories via T/KO and only two by submission. Seven of “Pibull’s” fights were won via decision.
Taking all this into account, the oddsmakers seem to have it right, placing Condit as the favorite at -260, while Alves comes in at +240.
Let us know who you’re picking and be sure to join us here at PMN Saturday night for live fight updates and discussion.
Here’s the complete fight odds for UFC Fight Night 67:
Main Card (Fox Sports 1 – 10 p.m. ET)
- Welterweight: Carlos Condit (-260) vs. Thiago Alves (+240)
- Featherweight: Nik Lentz (+240) vs. Charles Oliveira (-260)
- Welterweight: KJ Noons (+120) vs. Alex Oliveira (-130)
- Light Heavyweight: Francimar Barroso (+235) vs. Ryan Jimmo (-255)
- Lightweight: Norman Parke (-240) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (+220)
- Welterweight: Wendell Oliveira (-110) vs. Darren Till (+100)
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1 – 8 p.m. ET)
- Featherweight: Rony Jason (-160) vs. Damon Jackson (+150)
- Flyweight: Jussier Formiga (-135) vs. Wilson Reis (+125)
- Welterweight: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (+320) vs. Nicolas Dalby (-355)
- Featherweight: Lucas Martins (+420) vs. Mirsad Bektic (-475)
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass – 7 p.m. ET)
- Women’s Strawweight: Juliana Lima (-195) vs. Ericka Almeida (+180)
- Welterweight: Luiz Dutra (+160) vs. Tom Breese (-170)
For a chance to win tickets with GamblingAfrica.com be sure to check out their website.