UFC Fight Night 35 was originally set to host Jason High in a welterweight fight against Adlan Amagov. Amagov was forced out due to injury so Beneil Dariush got the call up to face High. Now Dariush, who took the fight on short notice, is getting a short notice replacement in what could be Charlie Brenneman.
Brenneman had started to hit his stride outside of the Octagon. A winner of four straight, “The Spainard” racked up three submission wins. He capped off this run by winning the CFFC lightweight title over Kyle Baker back in October. Brenneman went 4-4 during his first stint in the UFC with notable wins over Rick Story and the person he is replacing, Jason High.
UFC Fight Night 35 takes place January 15th at Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Georgia. The event is headlined when middleweights Constantinos Philippou meets former Strikeforce champ Luke Rockhold. The main card will air live on FOX Sports 1.
Main Card (FOX Sports 1)
- Luke Rockhold vs. Constantinos Philippou
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
- Charlie Brenneman vs. Beneil Dariush
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
- Derek Brunson vs. Yoel Romero
- Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia
Prelims (FOX Sports 1)
- Justin Edwards vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Elias Silverio vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Brian Houston vs. Trevor Smith
Early Prelims 4 p.m. ET (UFC Fight Pass)
- Vinc Pichel vs. Garett Whiteley
- Alptekin Ozkilic vs. Louis Smolka