Bellator MMA closed out Season 9 and 2013 with their last event Friday night in Bethlehem, PA. The night featured two tournament finals and a middleweight championship bout that pitted champ Alexander Schlemenko against heavy hitting Doug Marshall.
Rick Hawn and Ron Keslar were late additions to the welterweight tournament but both shined. Keslar’s run was highlighted by a win over War Machine as Hawn surgically picked apart his competition. In the end it would be Hawn who came out on top with a third round knockout. With the welterweight tournament win, Hawn has now successfully navigated both the lightweight and welterweight tournaments.
Schlemenko proved to be too much for Marshall as the champ earned a late first round stoppage. The champ has now won twelve in a row including two title defenses.
Here is a look at the Bellator 109 results.
- Lester Caslow def. Jay Haas via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 2:44
- Brent Primus def. Brett Glass via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:20
- Bubba Jenkins def. Ian Rammel via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 2:38
- Goiti Yamauchi def. Saul Almeida via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:04
- Blagoi Ivanov def. Keith Bell via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:59
- Mike Bannon def. Ahsan Abdulla via technical submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 1:51
- Terry Etim def. Patrick Cenoble via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-26)
- Will Brooks def. Alexander Sarnavskiy via unanimous decision (Lightweight Tournament Finals)
- Rick Hawn def. Ron Keslar via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 00:55 (Welterweight Tournament Finals)
- Alexander Shlemenko def. Doug Marshall via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:28 (Schlemenko retains middleweight title)