The last several days have been rough for Bellator fighters. The injury bug is running rampant starting with the news that Tito Ortiz had fractured his next. That pushed the pay-per-view the side with Bellator 106 going to Spike TV. Vinicius Queiroz was set to battle fellow heavyweight Cheick Kongo but that fight was moved to a later date and has now been scrapped all together.
The heavyweight tournament finals were moved to November 8th but Queiroz suffered a knee injury that has him sidelined at the moment. Cheick Kongo has not been matched with a new opponent as of now. “Spartan” as Queiroz is known by was impressive at Bellator 102 with a big win over Lavar Johnson.
Karo Parisyan will miss his next fight. Bellator announced that he would not be able to face Cristiano Santos for undisclosed reasons. Now Alejandro Garcia will step in for the Bellator 106 fight.
In case you haven’t been able to keep up with who’s in and who’s out, here is how Bellator 106 stands right now.
Main Card (Spike TV)
- Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez –Bellator Lightweight Championship
- Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton – Interim Light Heavyweight Championship
- Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus – Featherweight Championship
- Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs –
- Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan
- Alejandro Garcia vs. Cristiano Souza
- Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
- Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
- Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
- Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
- Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith