[ads2]UFC officials finally confirmed the rumors of UFC interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao suffering an injury that will keep him from taking on Eddie Wineland in the UFC 161 main event. The UFC officials confirmed that UFC 161 will receive a new main event, but no word on if Eddie Wineland will be a part of those plans.
In all likelihood, the new main event will either be the UFC light heavyweight bout between former champions Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson, or a light heavyweight bout between Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
Barao is out of #UFC161 with an injury. Main event for 161 is now Evans vs Henderson.
— UFC (@ufc) May 21, 2013
The UFC 161 card will take place on June 15 from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and will take place at the MTS Centre.
The fight card is below:
- Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
- Pat Barry vs. Shawn Jordan
- Alexis Davis vs. Rosi Sexton
- Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
- Sam Stout vs. Isaac Vallie-Flag
- Stipe Miocic vs. Soa Palelei
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Sean Pierson vs. Kenny Robertson
- Mitche Clarke vs. John Maguire
- Roland Delorme vs. Edwin Figueroa
- Yves Jabouin vs. Dustin Pague
Stay tuned for more UFC 161 news and coverage.