1,700 Fans Attend New York State’s First Large-Scale Amateur Mixed Martial Arts Tournament at Hammerstein Ballroom on March 23rd
NEW YORK, March 26, 2013 – Fighters Source™ in partnership with USA MMA KI Federation crowned the “Kings of New York” in front of 1,700 fans as they watched the best amateur MMA athletes duke it out at the first large-scale sanctioned amateur MMA tournament on Saturday, March 23rd at Hammerstein Ballroom.
Here are the Kings of New York results.
- 135 lbs: Winner: Diego Lopez (Brooklyn, NY) vs. James Casserly (New York, NY)
- 145 lbs: Winner: Felix Perez (Miami, FL) vs. Kimson It (New York, NY)
- 155 lbs: Winner: Jose Mariscal (Chicago, IL) vs. Ethan Gomez (New Jersey, NY)
- 125 lbs: Winner: Vermon Lodman (Tallahassee, FL) vs. Abner Hernandez (Miami, FL)
- 155lbs: Winner: Ronny Davila (Bronx, NY) vs. Fabian Llerena (Miami, FL)
- 135 lbs: Winner: Carlos Hernandez (Chicago, IL vs. Jefferey Balladares (Miami, Fl)
- 145 lbs: Winner: Jose Torres (Chicago, IL) vs. Jarel Marcalle (Miami, FL)
- 115 lbs: Winner: Viktoria Makarova (Brooklyn, NY) vs. Jody Lynn Reicher (Bergen County, NJ)
- 170 lbs: Winner: Simmon Sara (Miami, Fl) vs. Matthew Perez (New Jersey)
- 170 lbs: Winner: Angelo Rivera (Chicago, IL) vs. Chris Miller (New York, NY)
Photos from the “Kings of New York” are available at Fighterssource.dphoto.com.
“I am excited to have our organization and event sanctioned in front of all of these MMA fans in the New York area,” said Anthony Media, CEO of Fighters Source.
“Anthony Medina, CEO of Fighters Source, put his resources together with Renzo Gracie, USAMMAF North Eastern Regional Director, to make this happen,” said Frank Babcock, Executive Director and President of the USA MMA KI Federation.
“They both have such great access to quality amateur athletes, this event is sure to provide great competitors for the Korea Open.”
Other Fighters Source™ sanctioned tournaments are being scheduled across the country including Chicago, New Jersey and Las Vegas. The winner in each weight division will qualify to join Fighters Source’s™ Amateur MMA USA Team and will be provided with an all expense paid trip to compete in the Fighters Source™ Korea Open in the late summer of 2013.
This tournament in Korea will be known as the “Super Bowl” of Amateur MMA. USA MMA KI Federation and Fighters Source™ will take this highly skilled team of Amateur MMA athletes to the international stage to compete at the prestigious Yong-In University in Seoul Korea.
“We are working towards bringing this sport to an Olympic level,” added Renzo Gracie, North Eastern Regional Director of USA MMA KI Federation.