The weigh-ins for World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 2 took place Friday at the Revel in Atlantic City, N.J., the same location hosting Saturday’s fight card headlined by a heavyweight match-up between Andrei “The Pit Bull” Arlovski vs. Anthony “Rumble” Johnson.
Arlovski weighed in at 245.5 pounds, while Johnson, a former UFC welterweight, tipped the scales at 230.3 pounds. Co-headliner Marlon Moraes weighed in at 135.5 pounds, while his opponent Tyson Nam weighed in at 135.2 pounds.
It was nice to see former WEC middleweight champ Paulo Filho make it, despite a panic attack that caused him to miss his initial flight from Brazil earlier this week. He even made weigh successfully coming in at 184.5, while his opponent Dave Branch came in at 185.2.
The WSOF 2 broadcast will begin with a LIVE stream Saturday night, March 23, starting at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on www.wsof.com and on www.sherdog.com., then moving to the televised main card starting at 9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT on NBC Sports Network. We will provide LIVE results and play-by-play commentary for the entire WSOF 2 card here at ProMMAnow.com.
The complete WSOF 2 weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (NBC Sports Network – 9:30 p.m. ET)
- Andrei Arlovski (245.5) vs. Anthony Johnson (230.2)
- Marlon Moraes (135.5) vs. Tyson Nam (135.2)
- Dave Branch (185.2) vs. Paulo Filho (184.5)
- Josh Burkman (170) vs. Aaron Simpson (171)
- Gesias Cavalcante (156) vs. Justin Gaethje (155.6)
PRELIMINARY CARD (WSOF.com/Sherdog.com – 7 p.m. ET)
- Cameron Dollar (144.6) vs. Waylon Lowe (146.2)
- Rick Glenn (145.4) vs. Alexandre Pimentel (146)
- Kris McCray (185) vs. Danillo Villefort (185.4)
- Igor Gracie (170.7) vs. Richard Patishnock (170)
- Ozzy Dugulubgov (160.1) vs. Chris Wade (160.8)
- Brenson Hansen (150) vs. Tom Marcellino (150)
- Frank Buenafuente (145.8) Bill Algeo (145.6)
WSOF 2 weigh-ins video:
Check out the WSOF 2 Countdown show: Part 1 – Arlovski vs. Johnson, Pat 2 – Nam vs. Moraes.