The Bellator MMA promotion makes its return to Atlantic City from Revel on April 4th live on Spike. The night will feature reigning Bellator Featherweight Champion Pat Curran putting his title on the line against Season 7 Tournament winner and explosive Russian striker Shahbulat Shamhalaev.
The Middleweight and Featherweight Tournaments will be decided, as Doug Marshall battles Brett Cooper for the $100,000 Middleweight Tournament Championship, while Mike “The Marine” Richman will square off with Frodo Khasbulaev, with the winner earning their guaranteed title shot. The night will also feature the return of fan favorite and former Judo Olympian Rick Hawn, who meets fellow Judo blackbelt and former WEC Champion Karo Parisyan in a welterweight affair.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations, online at Ticketmaster.com and by calling 800-745-3000. The Main Card will broadcast LIVE starting at 10 p.m. EST on Spike, as well as in Spanish language on mun2. The preliminary card will be streamed LIVE and FREE on Spike.com, with doors to event opening at 6:30pm EST.
Widely regarded as one of the top two featherweights in the world, Curran brings a dominating 18-4 record into his latest title defense, including victories over Patricio Pitbull, Marlon Sandro, Roger Huerta, and Mike Ricci. Curran gives his thoughts on fighting Shabulat:
“He’s a great counter striker, as am I, and I see a lot of openings with Shabulat,” Curran said. “Shabulat brings one punch knockout power, and with my style, it’s going to be a swing for fences fight. This is my second fight this season, and I couldn’t ask for more. I love staying active, and Bellator has provided that for me.”
Widely considered one of the best lightweights in the world, Rick “Genghis” Hawn returns to his more natural 170 lbs. to battle Karo Parisyan in a highly anticipated affair.
“I’m really excited to be back fighting so soon,” Hawn said. “I have a tough opponent in Karo, but I’m looking forward to the challenge. With two of the world’s best judoka fighters fighting each other, it should be an exciting fight.”
The preliminary card will be highlighted with a middleweight showdown between New Jersey star Tom DeBlass and New York native Carlos Brooks as the two look to collect their first Bellator victory. After announcing his retirement in 2012, DeBlass has returned to the cage and will make his highly anticipated return April 4th inside Revel.
“I’m very excited to be fighting for Bellator right in my backyard,” DeBlass said. “All of my friends, family, students, and many fans will get to see me live. I’m coming back and making a statement, you can count on that.”
The full card for Bellator MMA from Revel on April 4th is below:
- Bellator Featherweight World Title Fight: Pat Curran vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev
- Bellator Middleweight Tournament Finals: Brett Cooper vs. Doug Marshall
- Bellator Featherweight Tournament Finals: Mike Richman vs. Frodo Khasbulaev
- Welterweight Feature Fight: Rick Hawn vs. Karo Parisyan
- Welterweight Feature Fight: Lyman Good vs. Dante Rivera
- Women’s Feature Fight: Munah Holland vs. Jessica Eye
- Catchweight Feature Fight(140 lbs.): Jimmie Rivera vs. Brian Kelleher
- Welterweight Feature Fight: Sam Oropeza vs. Shedrick Goodridge
- Middleweight Feature Fight: Tom DeBlass vs. Carlos Brooks
- Light Heavyweight Feature Fight: Liam McGeary vs. Anton Talamantes
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Brylan Van Artsdalen vs. Brett Martinez