FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – The fighter weigh-ins for “Shine Fights 3: Worlds Collide” took place Friday at the Big Apple Restaurant & Sports Pub in Fayetteville, N.C. The event is due to take place tonight at Crown Coliseum and will air live on Pay-Per-View beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 PT. There is a 30 minute countdown show prior to the live event at 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT. The cost of this pay-per-view is $29.95.
Nick “The Goat” Thompson (38-12-1) is off the card due to an injury he sustained in training earlier this week. He will be replaced by teammate Derrick Noble (25-14-1) in a welterweight bout against Eduardo Pamplona (12-2). Also, Travis Galbraith (17-7) is out, and David Heath (14-6) is in against Murilo “Ninja” Rua (18-10-1).
There is still question whether or not professional boxer Ricardo Mayorga (0-0) will indeed get to make his professional mixed martial arts debut tonight against Din Thomas (25-8) in the main event. Mayorga is still under a boxing contract with Don King Productions, who filed a cease and desist against Shine Fights last week ordering them to stop all promotion of Mayorga.
Shine rebutted that they were promoting Mayorga in MMA and not boxing and the fight would go on. However, today news has come out that a Broward County judge has upheld the motion and Shine Fights was not allowed to promote Mayorga due to his contract with Don King Productions.
ProMMAnow.com plans to do live play-by-play commentary of this event if Mayorga fights. Either way, stay tuned to ProMMAnow.com regarding Mayorga’s situation and the status of this event.
“Worlds Collide” weigh-in results:
- 160 lbs.: Ricardo “El Matador” Mayorga (159.8) vs. Din “Dinyero” Thomas (158.6)
- 190 lbs.: Murilo “Ninja” Rua (191) vs. David Heath (191.2)
- 170 lbs.: Eduardo Pamplona (168.2) vs. Derrick Noble (169.2)
- 205 lbs.: Alexandre “Cacareco” Ferreira (204.2) vs. Jamal “The Suit” Patterson (205.8)
- 180 lbs.: Braulio “Carcara” Estima (179.4) vs. Rick Hawn (175.2)
- 155 lbs.: Luiz Azeredo (152.8) vs. Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett (155.8)
- 150 lbs.: Mario “Serious” Stapel (149) vs. Zac George (150)
- 185 lbs.: Roger Carroll (183.8) vs. Paulo Souza (185.8)