“Art of War 14: Ground Zero” takes place at the Cotai Arena in Macao, China on Sept. 26, 2009. In the main event, The Ultimate Fighter veteran Andy Wang from Taipei, China, will take on Japanese Shootboxing veteran Atsuhiro Tsuboi. Wang spoke about his opponent, “I have seen Tsuboi in action and he is one tough guy! That’s perfect for me because I’m always looking to fight the toughest guys.”
Tsuboi will be making his second appearance in Art of War. He fought Dai Shuang Hai at AOW 12 and after a very tough back and forth battle, the match ended in a draw.
Also on the card, in just his third MMA bout is Rolles Gracie. Rolles is the son of legendary BJJ pioneer Rolls Gracie. Rolles last fought at AOW 12 where he defeated Russian Judo expert Baga Agaev at 5:09 in Round 1. He will be taking on the dangerous K-1 veteran striker from Australia Peter Graham.
Here is a recent interview with Rolles Gracie talking about his opponent Peter Graham and his upcoming fight at Art of War 14.
AOW 14 will also feature 2008 heavyweight jiu-jitsu champion Antonio Braga Neto taking on MMA veteran Rodney Glunder, who has victories over Cheick Kongo, Valentijn Overeem, Cyrille Diabate, and Melvin Manhoef. Braga Neto will be looking to show why his formidable submission skills make him a rising star in today’s MMA.
Making their AOW debuts will be Michael Costa and Simeon Thoresen. Costa is former product of the world famous Chute Boxe Academy and is now training under the tutelage of former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva. He will bring his aggressive and exciting style to AOW fans on September 26. Simeon Thoresen is a disciple of Dream Lightweight Champion, Joachim Hansen, and is an expert submission grappler and seasoned MMA veteran. Having submitted 10 of his last 11 opponents, Thoresen is looking to add another submission victory to his belt.
- 72 kg – Andy Wang (Chinese Taipei) vs. Atsuhiro Tsuboi (Japan)
- 96+ kg – Rolles Gracie (Brazil) vs. Peter Graham (Australia)
- 84 kg – Daniel Madrid (USA) vs. Daijiro Matsui (Japan)
- 90 kg – Rodney Glunder (Netherlands) vs. Antonio Braga Neto (Brazil)
- 78 kg – Wang Sai (China) vs. Lee Yong Jae (Korea)
- 78 kg – Michael Costa (Brazil) vs. Simeon Thoresen (Norway)
- 72 kg – Dai Shuang Hai (China) vs. Arthit Hanchana (Thailand)
- 78 kg – Vaughn Anderson (Canada) vs. Kim Dong Hyun (Korea)
- 78 kg – Zhang Li Peng (China) vs. Claes Beverlov (Sweden)
- 84 kg – Moogie Dorjderem (Mongolia) vs. Elyorbek Akbarov (Uzbekistan)
- 78 kg – Li Jun Lei (China) vs. Jeong Soon Hak (Korea)
- 72 kg – Jason Schmidt (USA) vs. Kenichi Hattori (Japan)
Fight card subject to change
What: Art of War 14 – Ground Zero
When: Saturday, September 26, 2009
Where: The Venetian Hotel Macau, Cotai Arena
Time: 4:00 pm (doors open) 6:00 pm (event starts)
Information: http://www.mmachina.com or call 010-5129-5028
Visit AOW YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/artofwarfc.
Join AOW Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42184092289
Follow AOW on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/artofwarfc.
For more information, visit AOW website at http://www.mmachina.com.