UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega takes place Saturday night, Dec. 8, from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against the undefeated Brian Ortega in the main event. In the co-headliner former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk meets Valentina Shevchenko for the vacant women’s flyweight title.
ProMMAnow.com will provide live results and video highlights for UFC 231 starting with the early prelims which kick off at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on UFC Fight Pass, moving to the televised prelims at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT which will air on FS1, and the PPV main card which begins at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT which you can catch the live stream online here.
UFC 231 results:
Main Card (Pay-Per-View – 10 p.m. ET)
- Featherweight Championship: Max Holloway def. Brian Ortega via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 4, 5:00
- Women’s Flyweight Championship: Valentina Shevchenko def. Joanna Jędrzejczyk via unanimous decision (49-46 x3)
- Welterweight: Gunnar Nelson def. Alex Oliveira via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:17
- Featherweight: Hakeem Dawodu def. Kyle Bochniak via split decision (28-29, 30-27 x2)
- Light Heavyweight: Thiago Santos def. Jimi Manuwa via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:41
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1 – 8 p.m. ET)
- Women’s Strawweight: Nina Ansaroff def. Claudia Gadelha via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Lightweight: Gilbert Burns def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Women’s Flyweight: Jessica Eye def. Katlyn Chookagian by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Middleweight: Elias Theodorou def. Eryk Anders by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass – 6 p.m. ET)
- Bantamweight: Brad Katona def. Matthew Lopez via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
- Welterweight: Dhiego Lima def. Chad Laprise via KO (punch) – Round 1, 1:37
- Lightweight: Carlos Diego Ferreira def. Kyle Nelson via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:23
- Light Heavyweight: Aleksandar Rakic def. Devin Clark via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:05
UFC 231 video highlights:
Aleksandar Rakic with a spectacular backfist stoppage of Devin Clark.
Aleksandar Rakić (11-1) is now 3-0 in the UFC, overcoming early adversity to drop Devin Clark with a backfist! The first-round finish boosts the Austrian’s win streak to 11 (nine finishes). #UFC231 pic.twitter.com/dC4IfL7R6M
— Tanuki Usman (@Hamderlei) December 8, 2018
Dhiego Lima has hand grenades in his fists.
Jimi Manuwa gets put to sleep by Thiago Santos.
— Tanuki Usman (@Hamderlei) December 9, 2018
Gunnar Nelson slices “Cowboy” Oliveira open then seals the deal.
Max Holloway shut the doubters and Brian Ortega down. His combinations and punch output was something to behold.