In the crazy world of MMA there is a huge focus on male competitors and athletes. In fact, when you think of MMA, you probably think of huge, powerful men battling it out against each other in the arena. But what about the ladies? Women’s MMA is just as interesting, high octane, thrilling, and tough as the men’s fights and it is most definitely worth a watch or a flutter. If you are into placing bets on the outcome, why just limit yourself to the men’s fights? On this online sports betting guide you can check out a great range of free bets and offers that will give you a boost if this is your first time betting on women’s MMA.
So, for those of you that are curious about the ins and outs of women’s mixed martial arts, we have helpfully compiled a list of trivia so you can impress all of your friends! Read on to find out more.
- MMA for women really started to become mainstream in Japan in the 1990’s. Drawing on the popularity of female kickboxing and wrestling, it started to pick up momentum with the inception of female only organisations such as Ladies Legend Pro Wrestling.
- Female MMA matches have now become so popular that they often take place in the same level of establishment as male matches. If you want to go and watch a fight, you will find them at the best casinos around. But for those that don’t have the time or ability to go to a land casino, you can find out more on this detailed review of Guts online casino- although we cannot promise any fighting will take place!
- Women fighters can choose from a range of events to participate in such as UFC, Invicta Fighting Championships, and Resurrection Fighting Alliance to name but a few! These are big tournaments with male fights as well and are watched and followed by millions worldwide. If you are considering having a bet, it’s a good idea to pick one of these to bet on!
- Some of the biggest names in the game are ones you have probably heard of in the press or online- Ronda Rousey, Megumi Fujii, Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos, and Meisha Tate are some of the biggest and most formidable names on the circuit.
- Ronda Rousey is credited with bringing women’s MMA into the spotlight. She has made the press for numerous reasons apart from fighting and she also won the Best Fighter ESPY Award at the ESPN Awards back in 2015. She impressively beat seasoned male fighter Floyd Mayweather and became the first, and only UFC and MMA champion to win the prestigious accolade.
- The rules for women’s MMA and men’s MMA is no different and the glory is the same for any of the athletes who can overcome the odds, show great heart, fight back from adversity and take a seat on the throne.
There you have it, some background info, trivia, and facts about women’s mixed martial arts!