UFC Fight Night 56 takes place this evening at Ginasio Municipal Tancredo Neves in Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil, and features a light heavyweight main event between legend Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and rising star Ovince Saint Preux.
There was an exciting co-main event on the bill between top flyweight contenders John Lineker and Ian McCall, but that bout has been scrapped due to McCall falling ill.
Ten bouts in all, the action kicks off at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT). Stick with us for live results of all the fights.
The full UFC Fight Night 56 results include:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10:30 p.m. ET)
- Ovince Saint Preux def. Mauricio Rua by knockout (punches) Rd 1 (0:34)
- Warlley Alves def. Alan Jouban by unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Claudio Silva def. Leon Edwards by split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Dhiego Lima def. Jorge Oliveira by unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Juliana Lima def. Nina Ansaroff by unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 2, 8 p.m. ET)
- Diego Rivas def. Rodolfo Rubio by unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Caio Magalhaes def. Trevor Smith by knockout (strikes) Rd 1 (0:31)
- Leandro Silva def. Charlie Brenneman by submission (RNC) Rd 1 (4:15)
- Thomas Almeida def. Tim Gorman by unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Colby Covington def. Wagner Silva by submission (RNC) Rd 3 (3:26)
Lot of decisions on the main card made for a long night. Feel sorry for the U.S. reporters over there as it was 4 a.m. or so by the time the event ended. OSP hit Shogun with a mean left hook counter just seconds in, it dropped him, and then OSP finished him off. Quick and precise like a sniper. Great showing by the Knoxville fighter after the tough lay n’ pray loss he suffered to Ryan Bader in his last outing.
So, if you didn’t know, Ovince Saint Preux‘s head coach Eric Turner has been writing a coach’s blog for us for some time. Check it out if you’d like to know more about that team at Knoxville Martial Arts Academy.