Matt Brown must have read Leo Frincu’s new article entitled, “This is why you should NEVER try to lose weight”, because dude just missed weight for his welterweight title-eliminator bout against Robbie Lawler, scheduled to take place Saturday night in the UFC on FOX 12 main event. Brown came in at 172.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds over the non-title fight limit. He has 2 hours to lose the weight or will forfeit 20% of his purse to his opponent.
We’ll update you on whether or not Brown makes weight.
UPDATE: So, the CSAC won’t allow Brown (or Lima) to cut any more weight. However, they will not be subject to a fine because they were willing to cut the weight, but were not allowed — at least that’s the story according to MMA Junkie.
Here are the full weigh-in results for UFC on FOX 12 (weigh-in video below):
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Matt Brown (172.5)* vs. Robbie Lawler (171)
- Anthony Johnson (204.5) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205.5)
- Dennis Bermudez (146) vs. Clay Guida (145)
- Bobby Green (155.5) vs. Josh Thomson (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX, 6 p.m. ET)
- Daron Cruickshank (155.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (155.5)
- Patrick Cummins (206) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (204.5)
- Tim Means (170.5) vs. Hernani Perpetuo (171)
- Mike De La Torre (146) vs. Brian Ortega (145.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 4:15 p.m. ET)
- Akbarh Arreola (155.5) vs. Tiago dos Santos e Silva (155)
- Gilbert Burns (170) vs. Andreas Stahl (171)
- Juliana Carneiro Lima (117)* vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115)
- Noad Lahat (145) vs. Steven Siler (146)
* Brown and Lima both missed weight.
Watch the weigh-ins below: