Branson, Missouri (USA): Leading Midwest mixed martial arts promotion ShoFIGHT presents “Summer Smash” on Saturday, July 20th, to be held at the Outback Complex on the famed 76 Strip in Branson, Mo., the “LIVE Entertainment Capital of the World.” This outdoor event will broadcast LIVE online on GFL.TV and will showcase the top amateur fighters in the Midwest who are on the verge of taking their talents into the professional ranks.
Tickets are now available at ShoFIGHT.com starting at just $25 for General Admission and $40 for VIP Cageside.
If you want to see tomorrow’s stars today, you will want to be at ShoFIGHT’s “Summer Smash” or tune into the LIVE online broadcast on GFL.TV for only $14.99. ShoFIGHT veterans have gone on to compete in Bellator, Strikeforce, Maximum Fighting Championships, Resurrection Fighting Alliance, Invicta Fighting Championships, and many of the other top professional MMA promotions around the world.
Headlining the “Summer Smash” event will be a bout between Cage of Honor Lightweight Champion Mike “Ong Bak” Breeden (7-3) and powerhouse Missouri-based striker Bryan Fahnestock (7-2).
“ShoFIGHT has become known as a breeding ground for tomorrow’s MMA stars,” says ShoFIGHT Promoter JT Tilley. “Breeden and Fahnestock are both stars on the rise, and I expect an incredible battle between the two. It’s a truly intriguing matchup.”
ShoFIGHT’s “Summer Smash” will also feature a women’s featherweight championship match, as undefeated Oklahoma-based striker Maegan “Mayhem” Goodwin (3-0) battles former ShoFIGHT champ Courtney “The Krakken” Stowe (7-3) for the vacant ShoFIGHT title. Stowe is looking to reclaim the ShoFIGHT title that was once around her waist. In fact, she was never beaten for her featherweight title. She vacated it and took a year off, and has now returned to reclaim it.
Another great matchup has been added to the main PPV card, as Kansas-based ShoFIGHT Bantamweight Champion Joseph Fulk (10-2) faces Cage of Honor Featherweight Champion Chris Thurman (9-1) from Poplar Bluff, MO in a non-title fight. Thurman suffered his only loss to Fulk at ShoFIGHT 22 in 2011, and will be looking for revenge in what is sure to be a barnburner.
The complete ShoFIGHT”s “Summer Smash” fight card* as it stands includes:
MAIN CARD (Broadcasted on GFL.tv)
- ShoFIGHT Lightweight Championship: Mike “Ong Bak” Breeden vs. Bryan Fahnestock
- ShoFIGHT Women’s Featherweight Championship: Maegan “Mayhem” Goodwin vs. Courtney “The Krakken” Stowe
- Featherweight Super Fight: Chris “Thurminator” Thurman vs. Joseph “The Hulk” Fulk
- ShoFIGHT Super-Heavyweight Championship: Josh Fairies vs. Shawn Bales
- Featured Welterweight Bout: Will “The Thrill” Lavine vs. “The Afro Samurai” Marco Hutch
- Featured Lightweight Bout: Parker Whitman vs. Doug Morlan
- Featured WMMA Bantamweight Bout: Alex “SnakeBite” Stobbe vs. Katy “Red Dragon” Collins
- Kahylip Skaggs vs. Seth Mitchell
- Cody Matthews vs. “The Rubber Band Man” Dylan Wilson
- Steve Farrell vs. Trevor Thornton – Heavyweight
- Myles Malone vs. Danny “The Python” Paxton – Flyweight
- Dustin Stewart vs. RJ Crouch – Featherweight
- Max Humphrey vs. Billy Simon – Middleweight
- Jenry Ferrara vs. Jesse Moore – Featherweight
- Jason “Honey Badger” Thompson vs. Lance Lee – Welterweight
- Austin Graham vs. Shawn Boone – Lightweight
- Greg Sanning vs. Doug Dainty – Cruiserweight
- Kevin Brockman vs. Andrew Patterson – Catchweight
- James Cantwell vs. Robbie Harbach – Lightweight
- Ruben Marin vs. Sonny “One Cut” Johnson – Welterweight
*Fight Card Subject to change*
For more information on ShoFIGHT, please visit http://shofight.com/. ShoFIGHT can also be found on Facebook, and on Twitter.