Cage Warriors Fighting Championship (CWFC) held their fifty-fifth event at the Helix in Dublin, Ireland, this past Saturday, June 1.
In the headline bout of the evening current Cage Warriors welterweight champion Cathal Pendred scored one of his biggest victories to date, defeating former UFC fighter Che Mills via third round TKO. It was Pendred’s take-downs and strength that allowed him to stay dominant for the majority of the fight.
Elsewhere on the main card, Neil Seery picked up an impressive third round submission victory over Mikael Silander, becoming the first ever Cage Warriors flyweight champion. Silander was in control for much of the first round, making multiple submission attempts. He continued his dominance in the first half of the second, but as they moved into the latter half of the round Seery began to hit home with his striking. As they moved into the third round Seery’s striking still looked really good, he went for a guillotine choke attempt, but missed and ended up on his back. He cautiously transitioned into an armbar and was able to make Silander tap.
In other action, Chris Fields and Norman Paraisy’s middleweight bout resulted in a majority draw. Paul Redmond scored a second round submission victory over Marc Allen, and Jean N’Doye picked up a second round submission win over Steve McCombe.
The full Cage Warriors 55 results are below:
- Cathal Pendred def. Che Mills via TKO (corner stoppage) – Rnd. 3, 1:47 – non-title fight after Mills missed weight
- Neil Seery def. Mikael Silander via submission (armbar) – Rnd. 3, 3:57 – to claim inaugural flyweight title
- Chris Fields vs. Norman Paraisy results in a majority draw (29-27 Fields, 28-28, 28-28) – Rnd. 3, 5:00
- Paul Redmond def. Marc Allen via submission (toehold) – Rnd. 2, 1:09
- Jean N’Doye def. Steve McCombe via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Rnd. 2, 3:03
- Piotr Ptasinski def. John Redmond via submission (rear-naked choke) – Rnd. 2, 4:46
- Liam James def. Stephen Coll via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Konrad Iwanowski def. Sam Francis via submission (guillotine choke) – Rnd. 2, 3:00
- Ben Rees def. Gavin Kelly via submission (armbar) – Rnd. 1, 4:44
Stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for all the latest MMA news.