Jesse Taylor and John Phillips are both on weight for tomorrow’s Cage Warriors 54 headliner at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales.
Both champion and challenger tipped the scales at 185lbs-even ahead of Taylor’s first defence of his CWFC middleweight title.
Kris Edwards, who’s scheduled to take on Shaj Haque in a flyweight bout, was the only fighter unable to make the contracted weight.
Fighting at flyweight for only the second time since making the move down, the Welshman checked out at 126.7lbs and therefore surrenders 25 percent of his purse to his opponent.
Having failed to hit the mark at first, Haque, Brad Wheeler and Mark Platts all came in under the limit at the second attempt so all bouts are set to go ahead in the Welsh capital tomorrow.
The full Cage Warriors 54 weigh-in results are below:
- Jesse Taylor (185lbs, champion) v John Phillips (185lbs) – CWFC middleweight title bout
- Danny Roberts (170lbs) v Diego Gonzalez (170.5lbs) – welterweight
- Lewis Long (161lbs) v Mark Glover (161lbs) – 160lbs catchweight
- Ivan Buchinger (156lbs) v Jason Ball (155.2lbs) – lightweight
- Brett Johns (135.9lbs) v James MacAlister (135.7lbs) – bantamweight
- Martin McDonough (134.9lbs) v Mark Platts (135lbs)* – bantamweight
- Kris Edwards (126.7lbs)** v Shaj Haque (125.7lbs)*** – flyweight
- Matt Inman (169.9lbs) v Leon Kenge (168.4lbs) – welterweight
- Jamie Rogers (154.8lbs) v Brad Wheeler (155.9lbs)**** – lightweight
- Steve McCombe (138.6lbs) v Joe Orrey (139.4lbs) – 139lbs catchweight
- Rob Leybourne (169.3lbs) v Owain Parry (170.6lbs) – welterweight
* 137.4lbs at first attempt
** Missed weight by 0.7lb, surrenders 25 percent of purse to opponent
*** 126.3lbs at first attempt
**** 156.5lbs at first attempt