FUEL TV is the fastest growing ad-supported cable network in percentage year-over-year growth in 2012 among households, total viewers, and men 18-49 during total day and prime time.
- FUEL TV’s November 2012 Total Viewers are up +150% and M18-49 are up +125% vs. November 2011;
- The network’s prime time period finished up +127% on Total Viewers and up +71% among M18-49 compared to November 2011;
- Saturday, November 10 was FUEL TV’s third most-watched day in network history with Total Day up +307% among Total Viewers vs. the November 2011 Saturday average;
- Saturday, November 10 was the network’s fourth most-watched night of prime time, as the day part was up +461% among Total Viewers vs. the November 2011 Saturday average;
- Since Jan. 1, FUEL TV’s prime time viewership is up +157% vs. 2011;
- Through November, FUEL TV’s total viewership is up +122% compare to 2011.
“This has been an amazing year for FUEL TV and we’re excited to see the UFC product spearhead our incredible growth throughout 2012,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. “Our sixth fight of the year, UFC ON FUEL TV 6, delivered a record-setting Saturday and anchored November. With a full schedule of exciting UFC programs in December, we know the year is going to finish on a ratings high point.”
It’s great that ratings are continuing their upward trend compared to last year. However, it’s very important to note that the distribution into more homes is what will ultimately determine if FUEL TV is successful in the future. The channel is available in roughly 36 million homes at the moment, and distribution will need to be expanded to have a larger impact in the future.
UFC programming in December will consist of live weigh-in and post-fight shows for UFC on FOX 5: Henderson vs. Diaz event on Saturday, December 7; and the weigh-ins, prelims and post-fight shows for UFC on FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson on Friday, December 14, and The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale on Saturday, December 15.
Be sure to stay tuned to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for more UFC on FUEL TV news and coverage.