There are four competitors left competing in the Ultimate Fighter Live tournament, however, all but two of them who were eliminated from the tournament before the semifinals will get a chance to compete once again for the UFC (barring injury suspension) at the Ultimate Fighter Live Finale which airs on FX on June 1st.
The UFC announced the match ups today via press release:
Confirmed June 1 matchups include:
- Jeremy Larsen, Phoenix, Ariz., vs. Joe Proctor, Pembroke, Mass.
- Sam Sicilia, Spokane Valley, Wash., vs. Cristiano Marcello, Curitiba, Brazil
- Chris Tickle, Bloomington, Ill., vs. Daron Cruickshank, Wayne, Mich.
- Myles Jury, San Diego, Calif., vs. Chris Saunders, Long Beach, Calif.
- Justin Lawrence, Villa Ridge, Mo., vs. John Cofer, Hull, Ga.
Regretfully, two of the fighters who have spent the last three months in the TUF House will be unable to participate in the season finale on FX. Mike Rio, of Miami, Fla., suffered a rib injury in training while Andy Ogle was medically suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after being knocked out by Iaquinta in the quarterfinals.
Still in the tournament and competing in the semifinal matchups pm Friday are James Vick and his opponent Michael Chiesa, and Vinch Pinchel and Al Iaquinta who will clash in the other semifinal matchup. The winner of those two fights will compete in the Ultimate Fighter Live Finale event which takes place at the Pearl Concert Theater at the Palms in Las Vegas. The winner of the finale matchup will earn a contract from the UFC and a Harley Davidson Motorcycle.