TORONTO — The fighter weigh-ins for “UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields” took place this afternoon at Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Fans can watch an archive video of the weigh-ins in ProMMAnow.com’s UFC Room.
Ben Henderson was the only fighter to come in over weight. He weighed in one-half pound over the 156-pound lightweight non-title fight limit. He will be given two hours to make the additional weight.
As expected, welterweight title challenger Jake Shields came out to a chorus of boos from the largest crowd ever assembled at a UFC weigh-in. Shields said, “You can boo all you want, but it’s just me and George in the Octagon.”
St-Pierre weighed in a half-pound under the 170-pound title limit. He appeared very serious and focused and stepped off the scale without posing for photos as soon as his weight was announced. He had little to say to announcer Joe Rogan after the stare down with Shields. However, he did tell the crowd not to blink tomorrow.
MAIN CARD (Televised on Pay-Per-View)
- Georges St. Pierre (169.5) vs. Jake Shields (169)
- Jose Aldo (145) vs. Mark Hominick (145.25)
- Randy Couture (203.5) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.5)
- Vladimir Matyushenko (205.5) vs. Jason Brilz (204.5)
- Benson Henderson (156.5)* vs. Mark Bocek (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Televised on Spike TV)
- Rory MacDonald (170.5) vs. Nate Diaz (171)
- Sean Pierson (170) vs. Jake Ellenberger (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Televised on Facebook)
- Claude Patrick (169.5) vs. Daniel Roberts (170.5)
- Ivan Menjivar (136) vs. Charlie Valencia (135.5)
- Jason MacDonald (185) vs. Ryan Jensen (185)
- John Makdessi (155.5) vs. Kyle Watson (155)
- Pablo Garza (145) vs. Yves Jabouin (146)
* – Has two hours to make the lightweight non-title fight limit of 156 pounds.