KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The 16 fighters participating in Thursday’s Bellator 16 event at the Kansas City Power & Light District weighed in this evening. All fighters made weight with the exception of Rudy Bears who was 2 lbs. over the welterweight non-title fight limit of 171 lbs.
Bellator 16 will air live on Thursday April 29 on FOX Sports Net beginning at 7:00 p.m. CT. ProMMAnow.com will provide live results and play-by-play commentary during the broadcast.
The main event features a first round middleweight tournament match-up between WEC veteran Bryan “The Beast” Baker (11-1) and Sean “The Destroyer” Loeffler (14-3), a King of the Cage and Gladiator Challenge veteran currently on a six-fight win streak.
Baker has won his last five fights. The only blemish on his record was a unanimous decision loss to the UFC‘s current number one middleweight contender Chael Sonnen.
The official results of the weigh-in are as follows:
- Bryan Baker (185.5) vs. Sean Loeffler (186)
- Alexander Shlemenko (184.5) vs. Matt Major (185.25)
- Jared Hess (185.25) vs. Ryan McGivern (185.25)
- Eric Schambari (184) vs. Luke Zachrich (183.5)
Local Feature Fight Card:
- Rudy Bears (173) vs. Brent Weedman (170)
- Danny Tims (135) vs. Brian Davidson (136)
- Eric Marriott (161.5) vs. Demi Deeds (161.25)
- Drew Dober (169.75) vs. Nick Nolte (170.75)