On Saturday, Nov. 7, 2009, the North American Grappling Association (NAGA) brings mixed martial arts to Plymouth Memorial Hall in Plymouth, Mass. with “Reality Fighting: Ferocity.” The event will feature a lightweight title fight between undefeated Reality Fighting champ Rene Nazare (5-0) taking on number one challenger Will Kerr (8-1). In addition, there will be a minimum of 15 professional and amateur MMA fights.
Nazare is a BJJ world champion who trains and teaches at Dungeon MMA on Cape Cod. He won the title with a submission win over previously undefeated champion Tony Leate back in May. His opponent, Will Kerr is considered to be one of the top-ranked lightweight fighters in New England and trains out of Strikezone MMA in New London, Conn.
Also featured on the card will be a bantamweight title fight between current champion Tom Giove (9-5) out of South Shore Sportfighting and Jeff Wahtola (2-0) with Dungeon MMA.
Tickets are available online at www.realityfighting.tv, or by calling 860-295-0403. Ticket prices are $40, $60, $75, and $200. Plymouth Memorial Hall is located at 83 Court St in downtown Plymouth. The doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the first fight begins at 8:00 p.m.
“Reality Fighting: Ferocity” fight card:
Lightweight Title Fight
- Will Kerr vs. Rene Nazare
Bantamweight Title Fight
- Jeff Wahtola vs. Tom Giove
Professional MMA Fights
- Andrew Caron vs. Matt Bessette
- Dave Brytus vs. Parker Porter
- Kelly Luchs vs. Jeff Moore
- Thomas VanderHorst vs. TBA
- Phil Dace vs. Jeff Nader
- Joe Proctor vs. Joe DeChaves
- Joe Lunn vs. Adam Casteneda
- Brian Barnicle vs. Tim O’Connell
- Perry Pierry vs. Bryan Pohlmeyer
- Fernando Perez vs. TBA
Amateur MMA Fights
- Jorge Hernandez vs. Nick Muto
- Anthony King vs. Jim Collins
- Dan Meegan vs. Frank Pallone
- Leo Colgan vs. Wayne Alquist
- Matt Pestena vs. TBA