There were some Strikeforce fighters that we already knew would be joining the UFC roster once the final Strikeforce show took place.
However, UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani was able to confirm a few more fighters that will joining the big show on Tuesday night:
- Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA Heavyweight and may drop down to Light Heavyweight
- Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA) Light Heavyweight
- Gian Villante (10-3 MMA) Light Heavyweight
- SF Champ Luke Rockhold (10-1) Middleweight
- Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA) Middleweight
- Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA) Middleweight
- Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA) Middleweight
- Ronaldo Souza (17-3 MMA) Middleweight
- SF Champ Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA) Welterweight
- Roger Bowling (11-3 MMA) Welterweight
- Jason High (16-3 MMA) Welterweight
- Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA) Welterweight
- SF Champ Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA) Lightweight
- Bobby Voelker (24-8 MMA)Welterweight
- Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA)Lightweight
- Pat Healy (29-16 MMA) Lightweight
- Kurt Holobaugh (8-1 MMA) Lightweight
- Adriano Martins (24-6 MMA) Lightweight
- K.J. Noons (11-6 MMA) Lightweight
- Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA) Lightweight
This is a solid list of fighters that will help bolster some divisions while adding a bit of depth in a couple of other divisions. Some of these fighters have high expectations as it has been the dream of many fans to see them competing in the UFC. How will Gegard Mousasi look in the UFC light heavyweight shark tank? What does adding quality fighters like Luke Rockhold, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza, and Tim Kennedy to the fairly shallow UFC middleweight division. Will these host of Strikeforce lightweights be able to hang in the UFC lightweight shark tank?
It’s possible that more fighters may be joining the UFC roster, so stay tuned to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for more coverage.