CHONGQING, CHINA – All fighters but one made weight on their first try at the RUFF 3 weigh-ins on Friday. Featherweight Xue GuoBin came in heavy at first, but was given an extra hour to drop an additional 200 grams, which he did, thus avoiding the financial penalty.
All fighters were respectful and polite toward one another aside from the main event competitors Rodrigo Caporal and Zhang LiPeng who butted heads during their tension-filled stare down.
If you missed Thursday night’s episode of Pro MMA Now Radio, we had RUFF co-founder Joel Resnick on the show talking about the MMA climate in China, the future of RUFF and their philosophy on building homegrown Chinese talent.
RUFF 3 takes place Saturday night at the Chongqing Indoor Stadium.
The RUFF 3 official weigh-in results* are as follows:
- Zhang LiPeng 70.4kg vs. Rodrigo Caporal 70.4kg
- Irshaad Sayed 61.4kg vs. Jumabieke Tuerxun 61.4kg
- Jiang ZhouWen 65.5kg vs. Wang Guan 66.2kg
- Ji Xian 66.4kg vs. Xue GuoBin 66.5kg
- Ayideng Jumayi 61.4kg vs. A Qiao 61.2kg
- Wen JunCheng 60kg vs. Yang Liang 59.7kg
- Li BoLin 66.4kg vs. Ta Yier 66.4kg
- Wan HongChen 70.2kg vs. HasiTieer TeerJiang 70.2kg
- Liu LianJie 61.2kg vs. Liu PingYuan 61.2kg
*all fighters are given a 500 gram overweight allowance with no penalty