Classic Entertainment and Sports presents CES MMA 31 tonight (Friday, Oct. 30, 2015) from Twin River Casino in Lincoln, R.I. Chip Moraza-Pollard (10-8) and Gil de Freitas (17-5) will compete for the vacant welterweight title in the night’s main event, while Ultimate Fighter veteran Chuck O’Neil (15-7) makes his debut at middleweight against Daniel Vizcaya (8-3) in the co-headliner (Read our recent interview with Chuck here).
PMN will provide live results of all the CES MMA 31 action right here coinciding with the AXStv broadcast starting at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.
CES MMA 31 results:
Main Card – Begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on AXS TV
- Main Event – Welterweight Title Fight – Gil de Freitas def. Chip Moraza-Pollard via submission (kneebar) – Round 1, 4:37
- Co-Main Event – Middleweight Fight – Daniel Vizcaya def. Chuck O’Neil via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:19
- Bantamweight Fight – Kody Nordby def. Dinis Paiva via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:42
- Middleweight Fight – Eric Spicely def. Aaron “Tex” Johnson via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Bantamweight Fight – Andre Soukhamthath def. Carlos Galindo via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 3:43
- Cruiserweight Fight – Greg Rebello def. Mike Mucitelli via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:24
- Flyweight Fight – Darren Mima def. Remo Cardarelli
- Middleweight Fight – Pat McCrohan def. Buck Pineau
- Featherweight Fight – Shane Manley def. Taylor Trahan
- Flyweight Fight – Carlos Cadelario def. Jesse Gutierrez
- Flyweight Fight – David Baxter def. Brandon Warne
There was a terrible injury on the undercard:
Check out this Greg Rebello one-hitter quitter in round one against Mike Mucitelli.
The crowd was completely silent when fan favorite and CES MMA hometown hero Chuck O’Neil lost in his middleweight debut. O’Neil was taken down with a big slam early in the first round and Daniel Vizcaya ended up taking his back and forcing the tap. O’Neil was holding his jaw afterward like it could be injured. At one point Vizcaya applied a neck crank from inside Chuck’s full guard that looked painful/highly uncomfortable.