RFA 31 took place this evening (Friday, Oct. 9, 2015) at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center and was broadcast live on AXS TV. Gilbert Smith put his welterweight title on the line against Bristol Marunde in the main event, and Zoila Frausto took on Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger in the co-main event. Lybarger and Frausto fought for the vacant 115-pound title, but because Frausto missed weight she was not eligible to win the title.
RFA 31 results:
MAIN CARD (AXS TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Gilbert Smith def. Bristol Marunde by TKO (injury/broken jaw) – Round 4, 2:03 – for welterweight title
- Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger def. Zoila Frausto by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) – for vacant strawweight title
- Gabriel Checco def. Mike Jasper by submission (triangle armbar) – Round 3, 4:19
- Matt Lopez def. Justin Linn by submission (guillotine choke/face crank) Round 1, 2:18
- Bojan Velickovic def. Vardan Sholinian by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Zach Riley def. Shai Lindsey by submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 0:59
PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised)
- Zane Behrend def. David Arcangel by submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:12
- Jason Pacheco vs. Jamin Tayaba by submission (kimura) – Round 2, 3:54
- Jeff Roman def. Hector Saldana by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Corey Turner def. Marty Sader by knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:18
*Frausto missed weight and is ineligible for the strawweight title if she wins.