With UFC 188 taking place Saturday in Mexico City there are plenty of chances to earn some coin if you’re in the betting mood. Here are a couple straight bets you may want to consider taking a chance on to cash in.
Werdum over Velasquez. There are several reasons, including Cain Velasquez’s long layoff, on why Fabricio Werdum may be the new UFC heavyweight champ Saturday night. As a +423 underdog, this would be a sweet payoff.
Marquardt over Gastelum. Nate Marquardt’s experience advantage and well-roundedness could see him defeat Kelvin Gastelum. Marquardt is often hit or miss in the Octagon, but when he’s on, he can look like a world beater. As a +400 underdog, a Marquardt victory could put a wad of cash in your pocket.
There are several prop bets out there as well that might pique your interest.
Velasquez wins by Submission
Yes +1400 (best line SportsInteraction)
No -2210 (best line 5Dimes)
Werdum wins by Submission
Yes +925 (best line 5Dimes)
No -1875 (best line 5Dimes)
Werdum wins by Split / Majority Decision
Yes +2040 (best line 5Dimes)
No -6110 (best line 5Dimes)
Check out the full prop bet list for UFC 188.
Betting odds for UFC 188 includes:
Main Card (PPV)
- Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (-480) vs. Fabrício Werdum (+423)
- Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez (-165) vs. Eddie Alvarez (+155)
- Middleweight: Kelvin Gastelum (-450) vs. Nate Marquardt (+400)
- Featherweight: Yair Rodríguez (+195) vs. Charles Rosa (-215)
- Women’s Strawweight: Tecia Torres (-280) vs. Angela Hill (+255)
Preliminary Card (FX)
- Flyweight: Chico Camus (+900) vs. Henry Cejudo (-1100)
- Lightweight: Efrain Escudero (+135) vs. Drew Dober (-145)
- Bantamweight: Alejandro Pérez (-165) vs. Patrick Williams (+155)
- Lightweight: Francisco Trevino (+400) vs. Johnny Case (-450)
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Welterweight: Augusto Montaño (-145) vs. Cathal Pendred (+135)
- Featherweight: Gabriel Benítez (+225) vs. Clay Collard (-245)