Julianna Pena will get her first shot at fighting since winning The Ultimate Fighter Season 18 Finale back in November. UFC officials announced that she will meet Jessica Andrade at UFC 171 in Dallas.
It was a breakout performance for Pena as she looked unstoppable during her tenure on the reality show. Pena started things off by knocking off early favorite and WMMA mainstay Shayna Bayszler in the opening round of action. She followed up that submission win with another against Sarah Moras before defeating Jessica Rakoczy in the finals. Pena had lost two in a row heading into TUF and now sits at 5-2 overall in her young career.
Liz Carmouche welcomed Andrade to the UFC and handed her a loss in a UFC on FOX 8 bout back in July of 2013. She rebounded with a strong performance and unanimous decision win over Rosi Sexton in October. She sits at 10-3 overall in her career and has finished an astonishing 90% of her fights. Only two of 13 professional fights has went to a decision.
UFC 171 takes place at Dallas’ American Airlines Center and is being headlined by the welterweight title fight between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler. The March 15th main card will be available on pay per view with undercard and preliminary fights being shown on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for more information on the event. Here is a look at the card as it stands.
- Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler
- Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley
- Hector Lombard vs. Jake Shields
- Myles Jury vs. Diego Sanchez
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Rick Story
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Thiago Silva
- Robert McDaniel vs. Tor Troeng
- Alex Garcia vs. Sean Spencer
- Will Campuzano vs. Darrell Montague
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Jimy Hettes
- Jessica Andrade vs. Julianna Pena