The headline bout for Full Contact Contender (FCC) 6 has been confirmed as current FCC flyweight champion Pietro Menga (9-0) faces European flyweight fighter Artemij Sitenkov (14-9) in a battle for the title. The event will take place in the Premier Suite at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium in Bolton, England, on June 22.
FCC officials recently confirmed the bout via official press release.
Here is what FCC promoter, Adam Teh, had to say:
“I’m really happy to have Pietro Menga back on FCC. With a talent like that, you know that the big shows are going to come calling sooner or later, so it’s great that Pietro wanted to return to defend his title like a true champion should. Artemij Sitenkov has collected more arms and legs than I’ve collected football stickers over the years. This is a huge test for Menga, and for Sitenkov, it’s a chance to re-establish himself as one of Europe’s top Flyweights.”
FCC 6 will also feature a co-main event matchup between Jordan Desborough and Conrad Haines, who will engage in a bantamweight showdown. Tickets for the event start at £25 and are on sale at the FCC website at: www.fullcontactcontender.co.uk, via the ticket hotline at 07816659015, or through the fighters.
Undefeated FCC flyweight champ Pietro Menga is currently riding a nine fight winning streak, most recently defeating Mark Platts via first round submission at FCC 5 in March. Prior to that he scored a first round submission victory over Steve McCombe at UCC 13 in December 2012, and picked up a third round submission win over Rany Saadeh at UCC 12 in September 2012. Menga now has the chance to extend his winning streak to ten with a good performance against Sitenkov.
Artemij Sitenkov last fought at Vision FC 5 in December 2012, where he dropped a third round TKO loss against David Haggstrom. Prior to that he suffered a first round submission loss against Patrick Holohan at Cage Contender 14 in July 2012. That loss snapped a two fight winning streak he had been on, defeating notable fighters such as Rob McCrum and Neil Seery. Sitenkov will no doubt look to get himself back into the win column by defeating Menga on June 22.
The full Fight Card for FCC 6 is below:
- FCC Professional Flyweight Title bout: Pietro Menga vs Artemij Sitenkov
- Bantamweight: Conrad Hayes vs Jordan Desborough
Unified Amateur Rules Title Bouts:
- For The Vacant Light Heavyweight Title: James Walker vs Shaun Hampton
- Welterweight: Dez Parker vs Callum Brady (c)
- Lightweight Unification: Lee Richardson (ic) vs Martin Chester (c)
- Featherweight: Joe Nazokatov vs Joshua Jarvis (c)
- Flyweight: Mike Berry vs Coner Hignett (c)
Unified Amateur Rules Bouts:
- Heavyweight Bout: Leighton Wignall vs Scott Mitchell
- Heavyweight Bout: Tom Bankevic vs Andy Eatock
- Middleweight: Luke Ryder vs Chris Senior
- Featherweight: Javonne Morrison vs Ben Dearden
- Lightweight: Junior Morgan vs Aaron Johnson
- Featherweight: James Reece vs Callum Gaghan
- Middleweight: Peter Wilkinson vs Ste Henshall
- Lightweight: Paul Douglas vs Nick Grady
- Welterweight: Bryant Faulkner vs Jonno Mears
- Featherweight: Stephen Duke vs Trent Woodcock
- Middleweight: Chadd George vs Piotr Grygier
- Welterweight: Conor Riordan vs Eddie Fits
- Welterweight: Kevin Hart vs Adam Kaminski
- Featherweight: Aaron Parker vs Sam Dutton
*Fight card subject to change*
Stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com) for all the latest MMA news.