LAS VEGAS – The Nevada State Athletic Commission released the fighter salaries for “UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz” on Monday. The event took place Saturday night, Oct. 29, in front of a sold-out MGM Grand Garden Arena crowd.
Main event winner Nick Diaz was also the night’s big money winner, taking home a contracted $200,000 which he would have earned whether he won or not. His opponent and former two-division UFC champion B.J. Penn, took home $150,000.
The full UFC 137 fighter salaries are as follows:
- Nick Diaz: $200,000 (no win bonus) def. B.J. Penn: $150,000
- Cheick Kongo: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus) def. Matt Mitrione: $10,000
- Roy Nelson: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic: $75,000
- Scott Jorgensen: $33,000 (includes $16,500 win bonus) def. Jeff Curran: $8,000
- Hatsu Hioki: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. George Roop: $8,000
- Donald Cerrone: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. Dennis Siver: $27,000
- Bart Palaszewski: $28,500 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Tyson Griffin: $25,500*
- Brandon Vera: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) def. Eliot Marshall: $15,000
- Ramsey Nijem: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Danny Downes: $4,000
- Francis Carmont: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Chris Carmozzi: $8,000
- Clifford Starks: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Dustin Jacoby: $6,000
Disclaimer: The UFC 137 fighter salaries listed above do not include the money fighters may have to pay out in taxes, airfare or other expenses. They also do not represent extra money fighters may earn through sponsorships, fight night bonuses or otherwise.
See which fighters earned a $75,000 fight night bonus on top of their base salary: “UFC 137 bonuses: $75k to Palaszewski, Cerrone, Diaz and Penn“.