On the newest episode of The Cageside Beat, brought to you by the ProMMA.info Radio Network, Brian and Mike welcomed WEC fighter Anthony Njokuani and one of his friends and training partners, UFC fighter Steve Cantwell to the show to talk about their upcoming fights and MMA careers.
Njokuani faces Chris Horodecki at this weekend’s WEC 45: Cerrone vs. Ratcliff event while Cantwell will square off against Vladimir Matyushenko at UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva.
Follow the jump to check out some of the topics discussed, listen to the show, and download the archived episode for free.
This episode was brought to you by Silver Star, clothes for breaking the rules and knocking heads.
– Njokuani and Cantwell both offered some great insight into their training and upcoming fights, as well as their thoughts on each other’s fights.
– Cantwell took some time talking about his actions after his fight with Razak Al-Hassan and how he and Al-Hassan remain in contact.
– Njokuani discussed how he got into fighting.
– The group also spent some time discussing the status of the 205 division in the UFC and the 155 divisions in both the UFC and WEC.
– Brian and Mike also introduced the new Cageside Beat segment, “The good, the bad, and the ugly” of this week in MMA.
You can listen to the show now on the embedded player below, and you can download it (for free) to play on your computer or MP3 player here.
While you’re at it, make sure to check out The Cageside Beat on Twitter.
By: Brian Furby