Bellator 133 takes place Friday night, Feb. 13, from the Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif. Headlining the main card on Spike TV will be a middleweight match-up between knockout artists Melvin Manhoef and Alexander Shlemenko. Also on the card is a featherweight co-main event with former champ Pat Curran taking on 145-pound tournament winner Daniel Weichel.
The full Bellator 133 weigh-in results include:
- Melvin Manhoef (186 lbs.) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (186 lbs.)
- Pat Curran (146 lbs.) vs. Daniel Weichel (145 lbs.)
- Julia Budd (145 lbs.) vs. Gabrielle Holloway (145.5 lbs.)
- Chris Honeycutt (170.5 lbs.) vs. Clayton MacFarlane (170.5 lbs.)
- Art Arciniega (146 lbs.) vs. Emilio Chavez (146 lbs.)
- Blake Watkins (185.5 lbs.) vs. George Zuniga (185 lbs.)
- Paul Ruiz (135.5 lbs.) vs. Nicolas Sperling (133 lbs.)
- Nick Bustamante (156 lbs.) vs. Luis Jauregui (154 lbs.)
- John Paul Elias (205 lbs.) vs. Cody Sons (205 lbs.)
- Jonathan Contrestano (155 lbs.) vs. Ryan Tobar (155 lbs.)
- Andrew Ramm (160.5 lbs.) vs. Adam Piccolotti (160 lbs.)
- Mason Fowler (169 lbs.) vs. Marko Damiani (170 lbs.)
“Melvin [Manhoef] is a fast and strong fighter. He’s the best kickboxer in all of MMA.
“I’m ready for this fight because I think I have great striking and grappling ability. In this training camp I sparred a lot with muay thai guys back home in Omsk, Russia and i also changed my diet to gain more muscle mass to feel much better and stronger.
“I am absolutely looking for the knockout. Any kind of win is a success, but I really want the knockout.”
“I’m going to fight Alexander [Shlemenko] hard and aggressively. The accuracy of my punches is what will make me win this fight.
“I’m not looking for the knockout, I want to do three rounds of five minutes of hard fighting. If the knockout comes, then it will come.
“He [Shlemenko] has a lot of speed and back-kicks. He has very good agility and is very well-rounded, but so am I. I think my striking, speed and kicking is better than his.
“I don’t mind if he is too confident going into this fight. He has stepped between me and my goal, and the goal is to become Bellator champion.”