This Saturday Josh Burkman and Steve Carl will meet in Coral Gables, Florida to determine who gets to be the first World Series of Fighting champion. Burkman is 3-0 inside of the promotion posting back to back first round finishes over Aaron Simpson and Jon Fitch. Carl is on a six fight winning streak including two first round submission wins for WSOF.
Both welterweights have been on a tear as of late and are well deserving of champion status. Although both men have made quick work of their opponents as of late, look for this to be more of physical chess match.
The co-main event features one of the rising stars of WSOF in Marlon Moraes. Moraes has won five in a row including a decision over Miguel Torres in his promotional debut that has catapulted him onto the radar of top ten featherweights. Moraes meets Carson Beebe who has won eight of his last nine outings and was impressive in his WSOF 3 fight against Joe Murphy.
Jon Fitch is looking to bounce back after a brutal submission loss to Burkman as he squares off against Marcelo Alfaya. Fitch will be looking for a rematch against Burkman or score a shot at Carl depending on who wins the strap.
World Series of Fighting 6 goes down this Saturday at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables. The main card airs live on NBC Sports starting at 9 p.m. ET / 6 PT. There will be seven preliminary bouts that will air on MMAJunkie.com. Here is a look at the fight card. For more on WSOF stay close to ProMMAnow (www.prommanow.com)
MAIN CARD (NBC Sports, 9 p.m. ET)
- Josh Burkman vs. Steve Carl – for inaugural welterweight title
- Carson Beebe vs. Marlon Moraes
- Marcelo Alfaya vs. Jon Fitch
- Justin Gaethje vs. Dan Lauzon
- Pablo Alfonso vs. Miguel Torres
- Luiz Firmino vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Francisco France vs. Hans Stringer
- Josh Rettinghouse vs. Alexis Vila
- Nick LoBosco vs. Fabio Mello
- Chad Robichaux vs. Andrew Yates
- Alexandre Pimentel vs. Jade Porter