Weigh-ins for Invicta FC 3 took place this afternoon at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan., the same location that will host Saturday’s fight card featuring an atomweight title fight main event between Jessica Penne and Naho Sugiyama.
Sugiyama weighed in at 103.6 pounds and Penne weighed in at 104.4 pounds.
Only two fighters on the card came in over weight on their initial attempt. Contracted for an atomweight bout versus Michele Waterson, Lacey Schuckman weighed in at 106.2 pounds, just .2 pounds over the 106-pound atomweight limit. Watersom came in at 106.
Women’s MMA veteran Tara Larosa came in at 127.6 pounds, 1.6 pounds over the 126-pound flyweight non-title fight limit. Her opponent Vanessa Porto weighed in at 125 pounds. Both Schuckman and Larosa have been given 2 hours to lose the additional weight.
The all-female mixed martial arts Invicta FC 3 card will stream LIVE and FREE on www.invictafc.com Saturday, Oct. 6, starting at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
- Ediane Gomes (144.4) vs Katalina Malungahu (144.4)
- Kaiyana Rain (113.4) vs Tecia Torres (114.4)
- Marciea Allen (134.4) vs Jessamyn Duke (135.4)
- Stephanie Frausto (104.6) vs Amy Davis (106)
- Joanne Calderwood (115.2) vs Ashley Cummins (115.8)
- Carla Esparza (115.4) vs Lynn Alvarez (115.2)
- Danielle West (145) vs Julia Budd (146)
- Lacey Schuckman (106.2)* vs Michelle Waterson (106)
- Raquel Pennington (135.5) vs Cat Zingano (135.2)
- Vanessa Porto (125) vs Tara Larosa (127.6)*
- Aisling Daly (125) vs Barb Honchak (124.2)
- Leslie Smith (135.4) vs Kaitlin Young (135)
- Sarah D’Alelio (135) vs Shayna Baszler (134.6)
- Title Fight: Naho Sugiyama (103.6) vs Jessica Penne (104.4)
* – Larosa and Schuckman have 2 hours to make weight.