KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Shayna Baszler and SaraMcMann will square off Saturday night in the Invicta FC 2 main event at Memorial Hall in Kansas City. Female mixed martial arts fans can watch the all-women’s fight card online at www.invictafc.com starting at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT.
Weigh-ins for Invicta FC 2 took place this afternoon in Kansas City with Baszler tipping the scales at 135.4 pounds and McMann weighing in at 133.6 pounds for their bantamweight bout. Also, weighing in for a bantamweight co-main event match-up, Alexis Davis stepped on the scales at 134 pounds, while her opponent, Hitomi Akano, weighed135.8 pounds.
Under the strict professional weigh-in guidelines set out by Invicta Fighting Championships, two ladies on the card have been fined 10 percent of their purse for not making weight on their first attempt. Strikeforce veteran Sarah D’Alelio weighed in at 136.2 pounds on her first attempt*, and Jessica Philippus, who is making her pro debut, weighed in at 107.2.
Following their initial weigh-in, both ladies have been allotted a certain amount of extra time to make their respective contracted weights, and if they fail to make weight on the second try their fine will increase to 25 percent.
The complete weigh-in results for Invicta FC 2 are as follows:
- Shayna Baszler (133.6) vs. Sara McMann (135.4)
- Alexis Davis (134) vs. Hitomi Akano (135.8)
- Liz Carmouche (135) vs. Kaitlin Young (135)
- Ayaka Hamasaki (114.6) vs. Lacey Schuckman (115.4)
- Amanda Nunes (135.4) vs. Raquel Pa’aluhi (134.4)
- Sarah D’Alelio (136.2)* vs. Vanessa Porto (133.6)
- Barb Honchak (124.2) vs. Bethany Marshall (124)
- Julia Budd (145.2) vs. Elina Nilsson (144.6)
- Sarah Schneider (116) vs. Carla Esparza (115.2)
- Angelica Chavez (105.4) vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (105.2)
- Sarah Moras (134.8) vs. Raquel Pennington (134.4)
- Jessamyn Duke (135) vs. Suzie Montero (136)
- Jocelyn Lybarger (124.8) vs. Cheryl Chan (124.2)
- Jessica Philippus (107.2) vs. Liz McCarthy (104.2)
* – D’Alelio weighed in under 136 pounds on her second attempt.