The UFC 146 card is finally set and it still has a main card full of heavyweights.
With UFC 146’s major card restructuring causing a domino effect of fighters losing their original opponents, Shane del Rosario (11-0) was the last fighter booked on the May 26th card to not have an opponent. The undefeated heavyweight was originally slated to take on Gabriel Gonzaga in his first bout with the UFC after Strikeforce’s heavyweight division was disbanded.
Del Rosario’s new opponent has now been confirmed by UFC President Dana White via Twitter and he will be facing off against another undefeated fighter in Stipe Miocic (8-0).
The new matchup is a clash between two undefeated rising stars in the heavyweight division. Del Rosario is coming off an arm bar win over Lavar Johnson and has finished all of his opponents, 10 of his 11 wins have been finished in the first round. His opponent Stipe Miocic is a heavy handed former Golden Gloves boxing champion and has stopped six of his eight opponents by way of TKO/KO.
UFC 146 will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 26th. After major card changes, the card will be headlined by Junior Dos Santos defending his Heavyweight championship against Frank Mir.
The UFC 146 full lineup is below:
Main card (PPV)
- Heavyweight Championship: Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir
- Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva
- Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
- Heavyweight bout: Shane del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic
- Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
Preliminary card (FX)
- Featherweight bout: Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
- Lightweight bout: Evan Dunham vs. Edson Barboza
- Middleweight bout: Jason Miller vs. C.B. Dollaway
- Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs Paul Sass
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig
- Light Heavyweight bout: Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
- Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda