The fighter salaries for the June 19 “Strikeforce Challengers: Villasenor vs. Cyborg” event at the ShoWare Center in Kent, Wash., have been released by the Washington State Dept. of Licensing’s Professional Athletics Program.
According to the report from MMAJunkie, the total disclosed payroll for the Strikeforce event which aired on Showtime was $198,500.
The night’s top earner was main event winner Joey Villasenor who pocketed $48,000, while the low men on the totem pole were preliminary card fighters Taylor Roberts, George Stork, and Alex Zuniga, who all earned $1,000 each.
Here are the official base salaries for each fighter:
- Joey Villasenor: $48,000 def. Evangelista Cyborg: $10,000
- Tim Kennedy: $20,000 def. Nick Thompson: $15,000
- Jorge Gurgel: $20,000 def. Conor Heun: $4,000
- Sarah Kaufman: $8,000 def. Shayna Baszler: $8,000
- Luke Rockhold: $7,000 def. Corey Devela: $7,500
- Dennis Hallman: $10,000 def. Justin Davis: $2,000
- Brian Caraway: $6,000 def. Alex Zuniga: $1,000
- Lyle Beerbohm: $6,000 def. Duane Ludwig: $15,000
- Landon Showalter: $3,000 def. George Stork: $1000
- Len Bentley: $1,500 def. Marques Daniels: $1,500
- Steve Hadsel: $3,000 def. Taylor Roberts: $1,000
The above listings are strictly the base salaries and do not include taxes, sponsorship income, license fees, and other incidentals which can greatly affect how much a fighter earns.