Invicta FC held weigh-ins today in Davenport, Iowa for their ninth event which features Barb Honchak defending her flyweight title against Japan’s Takayo Hashi in the main event. Honchak and Hashi were both on point, with Honchak weighing in at 124.4 pounds and Hashi at 124.8 pounds.
Two ladies failed to make weight as Maria Hougaard Djursaa came in 2.6 pounds over the featherweight 146 pound limit, and Maegan Goodwin came in 2.8 pounds over the bantamweight 136 pound limit. Both ladies will forfeit 25% of their purse to their opponents.
SPECIAL NOTE: We received a press release this evening stating there will be a special announcement during the Invicta FC 9 broadcast on Saturday. Hmmm what could it be? Cyborg’s first opponent at 135 pounds? UFC purchase of Invicta? Cyborg to the UFC?
Invicta FC 9 will air exclusively via live stream on UFC Fight Pass (www.ufcfightpass.com) starting at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014.
Weigh in results:
- Barb Honchak (124.4 lbs) vs. Takayo Hashi (124.8 lbs)
- Mizuki Inoue (115 lbs) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115 lbs)
- Kaitlin Young (145 lbs) vs. Raquel Pa’aluhi (145 lbs)
- Jodie Esquibel (105.8 lbs) vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (105.2 lbs)
- Amber Brown (105.6 lbs) vs. Liz McCarthy (105.2 lbs)
- Amanda Bell (145.6 lbs) vs. Maria Hougaard Djursaa (148.6 lbs*)
- Andrea Lee (125 lbs) vs. Shannon Sinn (125.4 lbs)
- Jenny Lou Shriver (115.8 lbs) vs. Jamie Moyle (115 lbs)
- Kelly McGill (135.8 lbs) vs. Maegan Goodwin (138.8 lbs**)
*Maria Hougaard Djursaa will not re-weigh and forfeits 25% of her purse to Amanda Bell. Their bout will officially be contested at lightweight.
**Maegan Goodwin will not re-weigh and forfeits 25% of her purse to Kelly McGill. Their bout will officially be contested at featherweight.