One of the main card bouts, Anthony “Cheesesteak” Morrison vs. Bryan Goldsby, has been removed from the card after Morrison came in more than 10 pounds over the bantamweight limit.
In all fairness, maybe Morrison just thought he had signed up for a featherweight bout.
Bellator 44 features the season four lightweight tournament finals in which undefeated former Division I University of Missouri wrestler Michael Chandler, now training with Xtreme Couture, will face off with the hard-hitting Patricky “Pitbull” Freire.
In the night’s main event Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard will put his reputation on the line in a non-title fight against veteran Falaniko Vitale, who is making his Bellator debut.
Bellator 44 will broadcast LIVE on MTV2 starting at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT.
Stay close as ProMMAnow.com‘s (www.prommanow.com) Richard Mann will provide LIVE results and play-by-play commentary tonight from Caesar’s.
The official weigh-in results are as follows:
- Middleweight Non-Title Super Fight: Champ Hector Lombard (185 lbs.) vs. Falaniko Vitale (185.5 lbs.)
- Lightweight Final Fight: Michael Chandler (156 lbs.) vs. Patricky Pitbull Freire (155 lbs.)
- Season 5 Middleweight Qualifier: Alexander Shlemenko (186 lbs.) vs. Brett Cooper (185.5 lbs.)
- Season 5 Bantamweight Qualifier: Anthony “Cheesesteak” Morrison (146.5 lbs.)* vs. Bryan Goldsby (135 lbs.)*
- Local Main Event: Sam Oropeza (170.5 lbs.) vs. Giedrius Karavackas (169.5 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Jamall Johnson (213.5 lbs.) vs. Randy Smith (255.5 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Jay Silva (185.5 lbs.) vs. Gemiyale “Baby Hercules” Adkins (186 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Jeff Lentz (146 lbs.) vs. Anthony Leone (146.5 lbs.)**
*The Anthony Morrison vs. Bryan Goldsby fight has been removed, as Morrison failed to make weight
**Anthony Leone did make weight