Friday night, PROMMA.INFO’s Brian Furby attended the debut show of Spartan Fighting Championship, Kentucky’s newest MMA promotion, in Ashland, Ky. In spite of the late start time of 10:00 p.m., the SFC brought in a crowd of over 800 people, an excellent turnout for a debut show. Drawing from fight teams from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Virginia, the SFC gave fans seven amateur MMA bouts and three grappling matches.
Here are the results from Spartan Fighting Championship’s debut show:
- Jermain Walker vs. Damon Chilco – Chilco wins via Unanimous Decision (30-27,29-28, 29-28)
- Thomas Ulyenbroek vs. Jerry Beatty – Ulyenbroek wins via submission (armbar) in Round 2.
- Ryan Crisp vs. Erik Mullins – Mullins wins via submission (guillotine) in Round 1.
- Eric Jarvis vs. Chuck Caylor – Jarvis wins via TKO (strikes) in Round 1.
- Mark Mullins vs. Adam Hagar – Hagar wins via submission (armbar) in Round 1.
- Skyle Gunoe vs. Jerrod Walters – Walters wins via submission (armbar) in Round 1.
- Josh Yates vs. Ken Keiffer – Yates wins via submission (strikes) in Round 1.