The event is set for April 20 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, and will be headlined by the UFC lightweight title fight between champion Ben Henderson and former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez.
The co-main event will consist of a heavyweight bout between top heavyweights Daniel Cormier and former champion Frank Mir.
The main card airs live on FOX at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, preceded by the prelims on FX at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT.
A lightweight bout between former number one contender Nate Diaz and former Strikeforce champion Josh Thomson is also set for the card. The welterweight scrap between former number one welterweight contender Dan Hardy and the always tough Matt Brown has been scrapped due to a heart condition that will prevent Hardy from being approved to fight. Brown will now take on Jordan Mein who is coming off a excellent UFC debut at UFC 158 where he stopped Dan Miller via first round TKO.
An injury suffered by Clay Guida will prevent him from fighting Chad Mendes. Mendes will now face Darren Elkins on the preliminary portion of the card that will air on FX.
The UFC on FOX 7 full lineup can be found below:
- Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez
- Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
- Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
- Jordan Mein vs. Matt Brown
Preliminary Card (Airs on FX)
- Chad Mendes vs. Darren Elkins
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Darren Uyenoyama
- Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Francis Carmont
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Hugo Vienna
- Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
Stay tuned to ProMMAnow.com for more UFC on FOX 7 news and coverage.