CINCINNATI – The fighter weigh-ins for “Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Kharitonov” took place Friday at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio, the same location that will host Saturday’s fight card that features the semifinal round of Strikeforce’s heavyweight grand prix, a middleweight title fight and a fascinating light heavyweight match-up between a world class wrestler and one the world’s very top BJJ practitioners.
All 20 fighters made weight without issue. Heavyweight tournament semifinalist Josh Barnett weighed in at 261 pounds, while his Russian opponent, Sergei Kharitonov, weighed in at 256. 5 pounds. In the other heavyweight tournament semifinal match-up, Daniel Cormier weighed in at 247 pounds, while his opponent, Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva tipped the scales at 264.5 pounds.
The “Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Kharitonov” preliminary card will air LIVE on HDNet Saturday night, Sept. 10, at 8 p.m. ET and the main card will air LIVE on Showtime at 10:30 p.m. ET. ProMMAnow.com (www.prommanow.com) will provide LIVE results and play-by-play commentary of all the action.
The official weigh-in results are as follows:
MAIN CARD (Showtime)
- Josh Barnett (261) vs. Sergei Kharitonov (256.5)
- Daniel Cormier (247) vs. Antonio Silva (264.5)
- Champ Ronaldo Souza (185) vs. Luke Rockhold (185)
- Roger Gracie (205) vs. Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (205)
- Maximo Blanco (155) vs. Pat Healy (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)
- Mike Kyle (205) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (205)
- Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (205) vs. Yoel Romero (205)
- Jordan Mein (170) vs. Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos (170)
- Alexis Davis (135) vs. Amanda Nunes (134.5)
- Chris Mierzwiak (185) vs. Dominique Steele (184.5)