By ProMMAnow.com contributor Pawel Sawicki
Former UFC competitor James Irvin came in 7 pounds heavy for his 185-pound KSW 15 title bout against top European fighter Mamed Khalidov. However, the fight will still go on as a title match on the March 19 event in Warsaw, Poland.
Irvin had been scheduled to have a rematch against Houston Alexander at Shark Fights 14 on March 11, but withdrew from the bout after reportedly testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. Nevertheless, he stepped in to take the fight against Khalidov on short notice after Matt Lindland and Thales Leites both had to back out with injuries.
Co-headliner Rameau Theirry Sokoudjou of UFC and PRIDE fame came in on target for his light heavyweight title fight against Jan Blachowicz.
Gregory Babene and UFC and Sengoku veteran James Zikic are still in the process of trying to make weight. ProMMAnow.com will provide updates as they become available.
- KSW Welterweight championship bout: Aslambek Saidov (170) vs. Ruben Crawford (169,5 lbs)
- Heavyweight: Marcin ‘Doktor’ Bartkiewicz (240) vs. Marcin Różalski (226)
- Middleweight: Michal Mterla (184) vs. Gregory Babene ()*
- Middleweight: Antek Chmielewski (185) vs. James Zikic ()**
- 210 lbs: Lukasz Jurkowski (206) vs. Tony Valtonen (210 lbs)
- 230 lbs: Karol Bedorf (229 lbs) vs. Roger Lloret (230 lbs)
- KSW welterweight tournament championship bout: Maciej Gorski (170 lbs) vs. Niko Puhakka (171 lbs)
- KSW light heavyweight championship bout: Jan Blachowicz (205 lbs) vs. Thierry Sokoudjou (204 lbs)
- KSW international championship bout (185 lbs): James Irvin (192)*** vs. Mamed Khalidov (185)
UPDATE (7:33 pm EST):
* Zikic made weight on his second attempt
**Babene did not manage to make the middleweight limit on his second try
UPDATE (1:42pm EST March 19): Irvin managed to get down to 192 (we initially reported that he came in at 197)
Pawel covers MMA for top Polish site MMANEWS.PL