Rafael dos Anjos and Donald Cerrone are official for Saturday’s UFC on Fox 17 Lightweight Championship main event from Orlando, Fla. The two took to the scales today at the Amway Center, the same location hosting the 13-fight card that also features a heavyweight clash between Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem. The main card will broadcast live on “big” Fox, while the prelims will be on Fox Sports 1.
Two fighters missed weight, both from the preliminary card. Charles Oliveira came in 4.5 lbs. over for his featherweight bout against Myles Jury, and Danny Castillo came in 2 lbs. over for his lightweight bout against Nik Lentz. They have 1 hour to make weight or forfeit 20 percent of their purse. And this just in… Oliveira will not be attempting to cut the weight. This is his fourth time missing weight by the way.
There was some question as to whether or not there was a problem with the scale because of the number of fighters coming in heavy on their first try. However, that doesn’t explain why so many others were right on point.
The full weigh-in results for #UFCOrlando include:
Main Card (Fox)
- Lightweight Title Fight: Rafael dos Anjos (154.5) vs. Donald Cerrone (154.5)
- Heavyweight: Junior dos Santos (239) vs. Alistair Overeem (243)
- Lightweight: Michael Johnson (155.5) vs. Nate Diaz (156)
- Women’s Strawweight: Randa Markos (116) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.5)
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
- Featherweight: Charles Oliveira (150.5)* vs. Myles Jury (146)
- Middleweight: C.B. Dollaway (185.5) vs. Nate Marquardt (186)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Sarah Kaufman (136) vs. Valentina Shevchenko (134)
- Middleweight: Josh Samman (186) vs. Tamdan McCrory (185)
- Lightweight: Nik Lentz (156) vs. Danny Castillo (158)*
- Featherweight: Cole Miller (145) vs. Jim Alers (145)
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Welterweight: Leon Edwards (171) vs. Kamaru Usman (171)
- Welterweight: Hayder Hassan (170) vs. Vicente Luque (171)
- Heavyweight: Luiz Henrique (248) vs. Francis Ngannou (254)
*Has 1 hour to make weight or forfeit a percentage of purse.