Jason “Mayhem” Miller, MMA veteran and host of the now defunct “Bully Beatdown” show on MTV, is back in jail after allegedly assaulting a police officer early Friday morning with a deadly weapon according to a new report from NBC channel 4 in Los Angeles.
Miller was arrested after police were called to a residence at the 26000 block of Avenida Calidad in Mission Viejo regarding an alleged altercation involving Miller and a woman, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
TMZ has a few more details to add:
- Their report says there were 2 women.
- Miller was “aggressive and uncooperative” with police, threw a ceramic tile and threatened to attack them with a fire extinguisher and a metal pole.
- Cops hit Miller with the taser and an 8 minute struggle ensued.
- Miller is being held on $50,000 bail.
- Apparently the women were uncooperative with the investigation.
“Mayhem” Miller was cut from the UFC in 2012 following a pair of losses and times have been rough for the former fighter. From being found and arrested naked in a church to a live feed of a real-life-barricaded-in-the-house standoff with S.W.A.T. and more, and now this, Miller has had a hard time finding his way after fighting.
Miller had his first pro fight in 1998 and he had 38 professional fights total. Do the years of sparring and getting punched in the head play into what’s going on here? It really doesn’t seem like there’s anyway that it couldn’t.
One question, is this a good endorsement for MMA as self-defense? After all, he apparently went 8 minutes with multiple police officers who had already tasered him.
“Mayhem” Miller has been causing mayhem for a long time now. Here’s a replay from the infamous Strikeforce brawl in Nashville that he sparked live on CBS television: