UFC Fight Night 74 takes place this evening (Aug. 23, 2015) from SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Featherweight standouts Max Holloway and Charles Oliveira meet in the headliner, with welterweights Neil Magny and Erick Silva clashing in the co-main event.
Preliminary card action kicks off at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) on Fight Pass, moving to the Fox Sports 1 prelims at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) and the Fox Sports 1 main card at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT). But we’ll have live results for you right here, including round-by-round updates of how it all unfolds.
REFRESH YOUR PAGE OFTEN FOR LIVE UPDATES!
UFC Fight Night 74 quick results:
Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
- Featherweight: Max Holloway def. Charles Oliveira via TKO (injury) – Round 1, 1:39
- Welterweight: Neil Magny def. Erick Silva via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Welterweight: Patrick Cote def. Josh Burkman via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 1:26
- Lightweight: Francisco Trinaldo def. Chad Laprise via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:43
- Lightweight: Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Tony Sims via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Women’s Strawweight: Valérie Létourneau def. Maryna Moroz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
- Lightweight: Frankie Perez def. Sam Stout via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:54
- Bantamweight: Felipe Arantes def. Yves Jabouin via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:21
- Light Heavyweight: Nikita Krylov def. Marcos Rogério de Lima – Round 1, 2:29
- Flyweight: Chris Kelades def. Chris Beal via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Lightweight: Shane Campbell def. Elias Silvério via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Light Heavyweight: Misha Cirkunov def. Daniel Jolly via KO (punches) – Round 1, 4:45
REFRESH YOUR PAGE OFTEN FOR LIVE UPDATES!
UFC Fight Night 74 round-by-round updates:
Maryna Moroz vs. Valérie Létourneau
Round 1 – Letourneau dropped Moroz with a punch and then beat her up on the ground for a bit before getting her head caught in a scissor lock from Moroz.
Round 2 – Close round.
Round 3 – Some decent action on the feet, another fairly close round.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Valérie Létourneau def. Maryna Moroz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Tony Sims
Round 1 – Big slam from Aubin-Mercier, then takes Sims’ back with a body triangle, looking for the choke.
Round 2 – Aubin-Mercier with a couple takedowns. And then another. Lots of wrestling.
Round 3 – Aubin-Mercier goes for the takedown but takes a lot of punishment for the effort. Sims jumps on a guillotine attempt during another takedown attempt from Aubin-Mercier but can’t hold it. Aubin-Mercier ends up taking Sims’ back with a body triangle looking for the choke.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Tony Sims via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Chad Laprise vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Round 1 – Trinaldo drops Laprise with a left and ends up taking his back, stretching him out and landing punches until referee Herb Dean stops it.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Francisco Trinaldo def. Chad Laprise via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:43
Patrick Côté vs. Josh Burkman
Round 1 – Both guys land some big punches, Cote getting the better of Burkman at the end of the round, rocking him at one point.
Round 2 – Burkman with a takedown but Cote is up pretty quick. Burkman stuffs a takedown attempt and they trade on the feet the rest of the round.
Round 3 – Burkman comes out aggressive and lands some really significant punches. Cote stands strong though and is still in front of him, then lands a right on the button and Burkman goes down hard. Cote lands about 30 unanswered shots before the ref stops it way too late. Burkman’s first (T)KO loss of his career.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Patrick Cote def. Josh Burkman via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 1:26
Neil Magny vs. Erick Silva
Round 1 – Silva with a takedown. Magny scores a couple takedowns of his own and ends the round with back mount on Silva. Magny is looking great against the BJJ black belt.
Round 2 – Sorry, I was busy posting sweet SummerSlam pics on Instagram. But nothing too significant happened.
Round 3 – Magny gets the better of the striking, ends up clinching up with Silva and gets tossed to the ground. He’s back up pretty quick and they exchange the rest of the round, nothing too much landing.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Neil Magny def. Erick Silva via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
Max Holloway vs. Charles Oliveira
Round 1 – I asked my fiancee who she thinks is going to win. She said, “That guy (Holloway). He looks like a criminal.” Well she was right, because just a few seconds in, during a scramble, Oliveira is forced to quit due to what appears to be a fluke injury to his collar bone (or a pinched nerve was also mentioned). Anticlimactic to say the least.
OFFICIAL RESULT: Max Holloway def. Charles Oliveira via TKO (injury) – Round 1, 1:39